Please note: all students who are not in the Certificate or MA Programs are referred to as "Special Students".
First-time Special Students
1. Register for individual courses here. Class enrollments are limited, so please register early. All classes are taken for credit; we cannot accommodate audits at this time.
2. If English is not your native language, please indicate if you have received a post-secondary degree from an accredited Anglophone college or university. If you have not, you must submit recent (within two years) results from either:
(a) Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) (report TOEFL official scores to: Institution Code 5316 (JHU PhD MEDICINE). Successful applicants tend to have a score at or above the following: computer-based, 250; paper-based, 600; online, 100; or
(b) International English Language Testing System (IELTS). Successful applicants tend to have a score of 7 or above.
3. Sign and submit the Honor Code. Print out, date, and sign in ink the Honor Code and return it as a scanned PDF via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Your registration cannot be completed without receipt of the signed Honor Code.
4. Create a CoursePlus Account. CoursePlus is the platform for all of our online courses. While CoursePlus now offers login with a JHED ID (see below) we strongly recommend useing the CoursePlus login, not the JHED, for Special Students.
5. Take the Introduction to Online Learning (IOL) and forward completion confirmation to email@example.com. This is a brief, free, online course that introduces you to online learning. You must successfully complete IOL before you begin your first course.
6. After registration is complete, you will receive an email with your Johns Hopkins Enterprise Directory (JHED) ID. Add this ID to your CoursePlus account (see step 4 above). The JHED is used for authentication into the library's electronic resources. Your JHED ID is valid only while you are enrolled in a course and will be re-activated every time you register for individual courses.
Returning Special Students
1. Register for individual courses here. Class enrollments are limited, so please register early. All classes are taken for credit; we cannot accommodate audits at this time. Our automated emails may request the signed Honor Code and point you to IOL; you can ignore these requests as we have your completion dates for these requirements on file.
Certificate and MA Students
1. Register for individual courses on the Certificate and MA portal here. Class enrollments are limited, so please register early. All classes are taken for credit; we cannot accommodate audits at this time.
Tuition Payment Details
There's a link to the online payments system in the email you'll receive after we review your registration. Click on that link to pay by credit card or e-check (drawn on USA bank). PLEASE NOTE: you'll get an email with the online payments link for each of the courses for which you registered, but when you click on the payments link in any of them, you should see all the courses you've signed up for listed together; you can select which to pay for, or pay for all at once.
Students already enrolled in degree programs at the Johns Hopkins University (other than the School of Medicine) must submit an Interdivisional Registration (IDR) form to their home school’s Registrar, in addition to completing the registration form for the online Program in the History of Medicine. Graduate students in the School of Medicine must also submit a Change of Schedule form to the Registrar's Office with their Program Director's approval of the aditional coursework.
JHU faculty, staff, and/or students submitting Tuition Remission (TR) forms must choose “Credit” as course type.
If you need to drop a course before the first day of class, you will receive a 100% refund. For additional refund information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need any assistance with any aspect of the course registration process, please contact: email@example.com.