The Online History of Medicine Program offers a Certificate for those students who wish to explore the history of medicine in depth. You can apply here, but please be sure to first review the information below.
The Certificate provides a rich overview of the field and develops basic skills in historical analysis in a set of six courses. Courses are 3 credits each, for a total of 18 credits required for the Certificate. Students who successfully complete the requirements of the Certificate can have their credits applied to the MA Degree in the History of Medicine, if they are admitted to that program. Students may also apply directly to the MA Program.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Demonstrated proficiency in written and spoken English, for non-native speakers
- Successful completion of the Introduction to Online Learning course
- Successful completion of the Introduction to the History of Medicine course
- Introduction to the History of Medicine
- Methods in the History of Medicine
- Any two of our four Survey courses
- Two electives (which may include the other 2 Survey courses)
Certificate students must complete a free, no-credit, online course on Academic and Research Ethics.
Upon admission to the Certificate Program, students will have 3 years to complete all requirements.